Re: IPAM/DCIM for Fedora Infrastructure

Thanks, Kevin.

On 04/09/2020 17:17, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Thu, Sep 03, 2020 at 09:46:35PM +0200, Manu Hernandez wrote:
Does Red Hat manage all the Fedora infrastructure?

If that's *not* the case, I suppose their DCIM will have only the systems
under their control. Who manages/tracks the rest?

Well, depends on what you mean. :)

"Fedora" doesn't exist as a legal entity. All the hardware we manage is
owned by Red Hat (or donated for the projects use). We manage all the
servers we use, but those servers are in datacenters that we don't own
or manage. So, things like switches and firewall rules and upstream
connections are all managed by Red Hat's IT (and the datacenter itself).
I thought Fedora was something like Debian but with some Red Hat support (donated hardware, man-hours, financial support...), but I wasn't aware of all the Fedora infra being owned by Red Hat!

That changes everything.

So, IMHO it would be helpfull to have some kind of inventory thing for
our servers that we do directly manage, but putting things like switches
or routers or other datacenter assets in it wouldnt make much sense to
me since we don't directly control those.

Does that make sense?

Yep, I think the same.

kevin