Re: IPAM/DCIM for Fedora Infrastructure

Hi!

I was going to suggest NetBox as well.

NetBox is also a data center management infrastructure tool (DCIM) too, so it can be used to document racks, circuits, power, etc.

https://netbox.readthedocs.io/en/stable/

If we use this tool as a "source of truth" (desired state vs operational state), the change flow should be:

1. Update the NetBox data to reflect the change
2. Change the Ansible code to make it so

When reviewing the Ansible code (roles/playbooks), if a discrepancy between the Ansible tasks and the NetBox data is found, NetBox should be used as the correct one (because it's the intended config.) and the Ansible tasks corrected.

A tool like this will help, not only experienced members, but new candidates like me, giving us a lot of structured information about the Fedora infra.

Do we have something like NetBox running at the moment? If that's not the case, please, consider adding it.

Thanks for packaging it, ignatenkobrain!

Regards,

Manu