Re: Packit Pagure support (was: [RFC] Optionally using git repositories instead of the lookaside cache)

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 12:55 PM James Cassell
<fedoraproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 9, 2020, at 12:33 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:

> > > When we started packit, we played with the scripts and makefiles in
> > > your kernel repo and I hope it's not too bold of me to say that it
> > > shouldn't be that hard to integrate the two now.
> > >
> > > I'm assuming you're using pagure.io - at this point, we're not going
> > > to integrate packit with pagure (for obvious reasons). What are your
> > > future plans for the git forge?
> >
> > What the heck are you talking about? pagure.io is not going away
> > anytime soon. And there will be other pagure instances that host
> > source code that packit integration support would be useful for.
> >
> > Hell, I've already offered to help with the pagure.io service.
> >

> The whole situation is bit unfortunate, as the announcement made it seem like pagure.io is going away. SSSD project just yesterday switched to Github from Pagure.
>
> I hope to see Pagure continue doing great things, and I appreciate your involvement.

That's disappointing. On the flip side, the ironthree project (Rust
clients and libraries for Fedora infrastructure) moved from GitHub to
Pagure last week: https://pagure.io/projects/ironthree/%2A

I'm not moving Ipsilon to GitHub either.