Re: The future of pkgdb

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 01:36:50PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On 04/25/2017 08:23 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> ...snip...
> > Now going through each of the requirements listed above
> > - Store point of contact for a package (default assignee on bugzilla)
> >   - we could use the first committer, alphabetically
> >   - we could use the 'owner', but we need pagure to be able to "give" a
> >     repo which it currently cannot.
> >   - in order to "orphan" a package, we need this.
> >   - we could list the default assignee in the yaml file in dist-git
> >     - Not ideal since less "self-service"
>
> One possibility I'll toss out... change POC to
> packagename-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and have it go to the alias. This
> has the advantages of:
>
> * Never need to update bugzilla after the package is made.
> * People perhaps stop thinking of packages as "theirs" a bit more.
>
> But also disadvantages of people liking to see a name they can point to
> about the package or know who is cc'ed on the bug.

It also means we'll be creating one account per artifact (RPMs, container,
module) in Fedora, so that's quickly going to go over the 20K+ accounts to
create on bugzilla. No idea if this would be something the bugzilla folks would
be grumpy about or not.

> > - Store new package requests
> >   - matt prahl is already cooking up a way to do this using a
> >     https://pagure.io/repo-requests/issues/ queue and some scripts.
> >     - https://pagure.io/fedrepo_req/pull-request/1
> >   - !!! we have problems using pagure ticket queue here (api tokens, need
> >         commit or really admin access...)
> >     - other options:
> >       - bugzilla
> >       - patch pagure to do what we need.
> >         -> Add the possibility to select a project in
> >            https://pagure.io/settings/token/new and allow there the
> >            issue_create, issue_update and issue_comment ACLs
> >         -> Add the possibility to set the duration of the token (with
> >            an upper limit: 365 days?) (per token with a default in the
> >            config file?)
> >         -> pingou will handle this
>
> Note that I think we still want an admin to ack new package requests.

Yes, the idea here is to build this mechanism in pagure so we can use a project
in pagure.io to host all the requests and have them reviewed by releng (and
limb).

Pierre