Re: The future of pkgdb

On 04/25/2017 08:23 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
...snip...
> Now going through each of the requirements listed above
> - Store point of contact for a package (default assignee on bugzilla)
>   - we could use the first committer, alphabetically
>   - we could use the 'owner', but we need pagure to be able to "give" a
>     repo which it currently cannot.
>   - in order to "orphan" a package, we need this.
>   - we could list the default assignee in the yaml file in dist-git
>     - Not ideal since less "self-service"

One possibility I'll toss out... change POC to
packagename-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and have it go to the alias. This
has the advantages of:

* Never need to update bugzilla after the package is made.
* People perhaps stop thinking of packages as "theirs" a bit more.

But also disadvantages of people liking to see a name they can point to
about the package or know who is cc'ed on the bug.
...snip...

> - Store new package requests
>   - matt prahl is already cooking up a way to do this using a
>     https://pagure.io/repo-requests/issues/ queue and some scripts.
>     - https://pagure.io/fedrepo_req/pull-request/1
>   - !!! we have problems using pagure ticket queue here (api tokens, need
>         commit or really admin access...)
>     - other options:
>       - bugzilla

no no, please not again. ;)

>       - custom made queue
>       - fpaste!

Ha.

>       - patch pagure to do what we need.
>         -> Add the possibility to select a project in
>            https://pagure.io/settings/token/new and allow there the
>            issue_create, issue_update and issue_comment ACLs
>         -> Add the possibility to set the duration of the token (with
>            an upper limit: 365 days?) (per token with a default in the
>            config file?)
>         -> pingou will handle this

Note that I think we still want an admin to ack new package requests.
...snip...

> I hope these notes are sufficiently clear, if not, we're happy to take any
> and all questions.
> I think we covered all bases and this is looking pretty straight forward.
>
> What do you think?

It could work.

it's likely going to need some kind of big flag day.

kevin