Re: Cert penning, Certs and related

On 13 December 2016 at 12:37, Colin Walters <walters@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 9, 2016, at 05:38 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>
>> I don't think anyone is understanding each other.. because that isn't
>> what I was getting from this thread until now.
>
> The thread has been 95% just me and Kevin on and off over the last 6
> months.  I asked him for clarification.  Now, aAre you going to help?
> If so, can you elaborate on what you are/aren't understanding?

So the parts I think I am seeing different answers are:
1. What are we trying to accomplish and where?
2. What infrastructure is needed to accomplish this?
3. When does this need to be done?
4. What is the budget cost for setting up these certificates,
reporting systems, pinned ips etc
5. Who is paying for this (hardware, certificates, domain names, etc).
6. Who is doing the implementation work and where?

To me Kevin, Patrick and you have said similar things but that you
each have different ideas about what they mean and so aren't actually
communicating.

Stephen J Smoogen.