Re: pagure tickets brainstorming

On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 04:59:29PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 16:19:36 +0100
> Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > That's not currently there, I do think people @mentioned in a ticket
> > should be added, but it's not there yet. As for batch or CC'ing a
> > group, it'd be a second stage.
> >
> > I added a ticket to trac the @mention question :
> > https://pagure.io/pagure/issue/690
>
> ok.
>
> The always cc/bcc thing gets used by a lot of trac's where some group
> of people always want to get all traffic. For example, I get all
> infrastructure trac ticket changes and it's very handy to keep track of
> whats being updated.

Oh we can easily do that with FMN: Get all the notification about the project
`foo` or the projects tagged `bar`. That's even how we do the notifications on
#fedora-apps

> > > * Milestones (but I am not sure how much these are used). Some
> > > projects have "Fedora 24 Alpha" "Fedora 24 Beta" type milestones
> > > for things to be finished before some event. Perhaps we just want
> > > to drop this idea in favor of some kind of deadline listing and
> > > emiting a message when the deadline is reached? "This ticket was
> > > supposed to be done by now!"
> >
> > So pagure uses tags on ticket for this.
> > You would tag the ticket: easyfix, f24
> > Then watching the f24 tags you can see a progress bar indicating the
> > percentage of tickets close vs open, for example:
> > https://pagure.io/pagure/issues?tags=0.2 (96 tickets closed, 0 open)
> >
> > It misses the concept of dead-line, but I always wondered of the
> > applicability of it, what happens when the dead-line is passed? Issue
> > shows in red? Are closed? But then doesn't the devs/users know they
> > are late?
>
> Yeah, it would of course vary, and perhaps mean you should remove the
> f24 tag and add f25.

Tags can be edited, ie the f24 tags can be renamed to f25 and plain deleted.

> Oh, I just thought of one other thing: rss feeds? For issues, prs, etc?
>
> In fact that could possibly take the place of always cc/bcc (although
> rss feeds likely wouldn't have the private/sensitive tickets perhaps).
>
> Some of our trac instances use rss to update via zodbot to irc.

Hm, I guess this should be a doable, would the rss feed have only the tickets
created or also the comments on tickets?

Pierre