Re: pagure tickets brainstorming

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 02:27:09PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> * Custom ticket statuses (some projects use this to make statuses that
>   are more descriptive for their project, like "upstream" or "accepted"
>   or whatever. This might require splitting the status of tickets to
>   open or closed 'status' and have a seperate 'resolution' or
>   something.

There is a ticket for this: https://pagure.io/pagure/issue/538
but I've been asking what the idea/use-case is for this.

> * Tagging of issues. Tons of projects use a 'meeting' keyword to mark
>   tickets they want to discuss in meetings. A way to display only
>   tagged tickets would be good and a bonus would be a irc friendly
>   meeting output to copy and paste. I see a "Tags:" field, but not how
>   to populate it. Is this in progress?

So for each ticket, you can edit the metadata on the right column and add/remove
tags there.
Then clicking on the tag will give you the list of tickets with this tag.
You can also just click on the tag from the tag list shown above all the tickets
on the page listing them:
https://pagure.io/pagure/issues (right next to [open|close])

> * A way to cc or bcc a group of people on all tickets in a project. Do
>   we already have this?

That's not currently there, I do think people @mentioned in a ticket should be
added, but it's not there yet. As for batch or CC'ing a group, it'd be a second
stage.

I added a ticket to trac the @mention question :
https://pagure.io/pagure/issue/690

> * Milestones (but I am not sure how much these are used). Some projects
>   have "Fedora 24 Alpha" "Fedora 24 Beta" type milestones for things to
>   be finished before some event. Perhaps we just want to drop this idea
>   in favor of some kind of deadline listing and emiting a message when
>   the deadline is reached? "This ticket was supposed to be done by now!"

So pagure uses tags on ticket for this.
You would tag the ticket: easyfix, f24
Then watching the f24 tags you can see a progress bar indicating the percentage
of tickets close vs open, for example:
https://pagure.io/pagure/issues?tags=0.2 (96 tickets closed, 0 open)

It misses the concept of dead-line, but I always wondered of the applicability
of it, what happens when the dead-line is passed? Issue shows in red? Are
closed? But then doesn't the devs/users know they are late?

> * Templates. We use these a lot in infrastructure. Basically when
>   filing a new issue there's a list of templates and when someone
>   selects one it sets the initial contents and assigned and such. These
>   are handy for making sure users give the needed info for a type of
>   request.

There is a ticket requesting this:
https://pagure.io/pagure/issue/585

> * Theres a batch modify plugin that lets you modify a bunch of tickets
>   at once. I don't think this is critical, but might be nice to have.

Currently not there, but we have an API and we can extend it as needed.

> * Is there a way to completely delete a ticket? Sometimes we have done
>   that on trac for spam tickets.

That's already available

So in summary what is missing is:
- cc people to a ticket or at least notify them when @mentioning them