Re: Fedora Search Engine

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> free/open source service. Also, if we want to adjust results (say to
> favor current releases) we may not have control to do that.

Hm, adjusting results is the feature I did not think of, that indeed
might be useful.

> The parts of the project that really expressed interest in a local
> search engine are docs and wiki. We could see if the new wiki version
> we are going to move to soon has a better search. The docs folks also
> are looking at moving to a new platform, perhaps it would have better
> search too...

So, what is that new wiki version will be, and what platform are docs
folks are moving to? We could probably do some homework and see what
those have in term of search, and then we can decide if we need a
separate engine, or we can somehow tune wiki/docs to have better
search.

--
Vasyl Kaigorodov | Red Hat Product Security
PGP:  0xABB6E828 A7E0 87FF 5AB5 48EB 47D0 2868 217B F9FC ABB6 E828