Re: Fedora Search Engine

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 18:31:29 +0530
Susruthan Seran <susruthanz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I agree with you Vasyl Kaigorodov. Even I had the same feeling when I
> saw the mail about the new search engine. We could use the existing
> search engines. They are doing a good job.

Well, we could. However that means we depend on a 3rd party non
free/open source service. Also, if we want to adjust results (say to
favor current releases) we may not have control to do that.

Of course we have gotten by for all these years without a local search
engine, so perhaps we just continue to do so.

The parts of the project that really expressed interest in a local
search engine are docs and wiki. We could see if the new wiki version
we are going to move to soon has a better search. The docs folks also
are looking at moving to a new platform, perhaps it would have better
search too...

kevin