Re: Asterisk on the wiki

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
seth vidal wrote:
Mike McGrath wrote:
I've created a start asterisk page on the wiki. Please take a look / change it so it makes sense. Also anything to add to the troubleshooting section will be much appreciated. Just think about any issues that came up when you were connecting.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Asterisk
Shouldn't the package review completed and the package be in the repository before being used in infrastructure?

No. The package review really only has to be started and in progress. We
don't want to hold up infrastructure deployments forever.

I kind of get different answers each time on this. One of the reasons why it is useful to document policies like I said sometime back on the same topic is to have common understanding and expectations.

Rahul, I'm sorry you continue to misunderstand this policy. If the packaging process gets halted or the package gets denied we will remove the system from our servers. In the meantime there it is, in (Beta) as is listed on that page. More curiously I have to ask, what is it you're trying to accomplish by bring up issues like this? You've done it in the past and it is un clear to me what it is you're trying to accomplish. If you're concerned about asterisk being in use and not being in Fedora, why not assist in its review?

   -Mike

   -Mike