Re: Fedora 32 translation memories

Le 2020-10-14 08:51, Sundeep Anand a écrit :
On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 4:20 PM Jens-Ulrik Petersen
<petersen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 8:22 PM Jean-Baptiste Holcroft
I would like to make it a Fedora initiative and publish these
files in
an official Fedora website.
Would someone be willing to help? Constraints is to use Hugo to
allow
this website to be localized.

I can't help wondering if there is any way to integrate this with
Transtats in the future.

this may align with https://github.com/transtats/transtats/issues/178

As said on IRC:

* transtats is focused on package out of sync, which isn't something I really worry about * the technology used by transtats is too complex for me to easily step in * I'm also unsure about the usecases transtats covers and it probably requires more promotion and measurement of the impact it have * I'll be happy to have transtats front-end and have a dev to develop contribution features. For example, I have files with missing encoding, uniq keys in duplicates, obvious errors to fix etc. * merging these two initiatives probably means to rewrite transtats, which is a hard decision to take

But I'm talking as an individual here, if transtats doesn't answers my usecase, it can still be useful for other users/personas.

How can we seriously discuss this and arrive with realistic options? Next Flock? A dedicated event?

Jean-Baptiste