Re: Automatic extraction of translations files

On Sun, Aug 9, 2020 at 5:22 PM Jean-Baptiste Holcroft
<jean-baptiste@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 0. for each new version of a Fedora package
> 1. identify and extract the srpm content
> 2. identify the localization files
> 3. download every existing po files
> 4. produce translation memories and statistics
>
> Steps 1 to 4 are "easy".
> But for step 0, I have no idea how to do it. How can I get some kind of
> notification when a new package is created (whatever a new one or an
> update of an existing one)?

Could you use datagrepper[1] to watch the buildsys category? You'd
want to narrow the filter down to only include completed builds, and
I'm not sure what the best approach would be, but the Infra or RelEng
teams can help with that. That could be incorporated into some kind of
automated process. You could also watch for Bodhi updates instead
(again using datagrepper), but that would mean missing out on Rawhide
package updates. Koji builds don't necessarily get released, but you'd
avoid missing anything. It depends which kind of error you prefer.

There's also the notifications[1] app, but that would require you to
manually act on each notification, which probably would not scale very
well. :-)

[1] https://apps.fedoraproject.org/datagrepper/
[2] https://apps.fedoraproject.org/notifications/

--