Re: fonts status page and comparison

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 2:26 AM Rajeesh K V <rajeeshknambiar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 5:49 PM Akira TAGOH wrote:
>
> > Thank you for the comment. that is because smc-rachana-fonts is marked
> > as optional in @fonts group at comps[1]. if that isn't expected
> > behavior, please submit a PR against fedora-comps to correct.
>
> Meera is included as default font for Malayalam, so we can leave
> Rachana as optional.

Hm, then we can't see Rachana as default serif font for Malayalam
until one installs it though.

> > also, apparently Meera is substituted as serif in 65-nonlatin.conf. if this
> > is wrong too, we need to correct it. please let me know.
>
> Indeed, it would be correct to mark Rachana as preferred serif in
> place of Meera in 65-nonlatin.conf. Should I raise a bug?

Yes, please. but then Meera as serif at the line of Malayalam will be
decorated with the orange color because no desired serif font for
Malayalam isn't installed. if Meera is acceptable as serif, we should
keep it otherwise we should have Rachana as default in comps IMHO.

--
Akira TAGOH