TeX Live OpenType fonts VS Fedora Technical Fonts

Dear Fonts SIG,

It was recently mentioned on the webkit-dev mailing list [1] that many
TeX Live packages for OpenType fonts can not be installed on Fedora
without also installing perl and texlive dependencies. Moreover, these
TeX Live packages do not use fontconfig to expose the installed fonts to
other applications like WebKit or Gecko browsers.

Looking at the families that can be used for math layout, TeX Live has
the following subpackages:

https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/texlive-asana-math
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/texlive-lm
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/texlive-stix
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/texlive-tex-gyre
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/texlive-xits

But only two of them are listed on the Fonts SIG wiki and have
independent packages:

https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/stix-fonts
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/oflb-asana-math-fonts

I believe when version 2 of STIX is released [2] it will cover most (but
Arabic/RTL) features of XITS. However, it still makes sense to provide
packages for GUST math font families: Latin Modern (recommended for
Gecko and WebKit), TeX Gyre Bonum, TeX Gyre Pagella, TeX Gyre Schola and
TeX Gyre Termes. I would also add a recently released fork of Linux
Libertine that be used for math layout but is not included in Fedora's
TeX Live yet [3].

So would the Fonts SIG accept to have some packages for these fonts that
are separate from TeX Live?

I wanted to add them to your Font wishlist but for some reason I'm not
able to log in to the Fedora Wiki (despite the fact that I can login to
the FAS and signed the CLA).

Thanks,

Frédéric Wang

PS: FYI, Debian also has individual packages for STIX and Asana Math ;
and the dependency on TeX Live has recently been removed for Latin
Modern and TeX Gyre fonts [4]

[1] https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2016-March/028071.html
[2] http://stixfonts.org/index.html
[3] https://github.com/khaledhosny/libertinus