Fonts display problem in Libre Office for Linux

Hi everyone,

This is a request for help which might be font-related.

I switched to Fedora recently after finding Fedora 22 was the only Linux distribution that properly supported one of our computer support customer's Canon LBP-1210 laser printer (which is not supported by Microsoft Windows 64-bit, so our customer switched from Microsoft Windows to Fedora 22 64-bit.)

There is a problem with Libre Office on Linux, but not on Microsoft Windows. If you open the attached PDF in LibreOffice Draw (to edit the PDF), type runs out to the right of the document under Linux but displays perfectly under Windows. Yet the PDF Viewer on Fedora 22 displays the same PDF properly.

I am running Libre Office 5.0.1 on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit in an Oracle VM under Fedora 22 Linux, and Libre Office Draw displays the attached PDF properly. But with Libre Office Draw on Fedora 22, type runs out the right side of the document making edits almost impossible. The same thing happened with the previous version of Libre Office, from which I take it that this is a font display problem in Libre Office under Linux.

I installed Fedy and Windows fonts, but that did not help.

I'd like to be able to use Libre Office on Fedora without resorting to running Windows 10, if possible. Is there a simple solution to this problem?

Regards,
John