Re: Fonts display problem in Libre Office for Linux

I'm not an expert of Libre Office so I might be wrong but it looks
like a Libre Office issue or so.
Apparently it allows type only on the text box. I guess the place
where you were trying to edit was the outside of the text box. you
could add a text box where you want to add some text on that doc.

If the behavior is different on Windows say, that may be a good idea
to compare the version on Fedora and Windows.
Anyway it looks like not a font issue to me.

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 12:13 AM, John Hardcastle
<johnlhardcastle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> This is a request for help which might be font-related.
>
> I switched to Fedora recently after finding Fedora 22 was the only Linux
> distribution that properly supported one of our computer support customer's
> Canon LBP-1210 laser printer (which is not supported by Microsoft Windows
> 64-bit, so our customer switched from Microsoft Windows to Fedora 22
> 64-bit.)
>
> There is a problem with Libre Office on Linux, but not on Microsoft Windows.
> If you open the attached PDF in LibreOffice Draw (to edit the PDF), type
> runs out to the right of the document under Linux but displays perfectly
> under Windows. Yet the PDF Viewer on Fedora 22 displays the same PDF
> properly.
>
> I am running Libre Office 5.0.1 on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit in an Oracle VM
> under Fedora 22 Linux, and Libre Office Draw displays the attached PDF
> properly.  But with Libre Office Draw on Fedora 22, type runs out the right
> side of the document making edits almost impossible.  The same thing
> happened with the previous version of Libre Office, from which I take it
> that this is a font display problem in Libre Office under Linux.
>
> I installed Fedy and Windows fonts, but that did not help.
>
> I'd like to be able to use Libre Office on Fedora without resorting to
> running Windows 10, if possible. Is there a simple solution to this problem?
>
> Regards,
> John

Akira TAGOH