Re: Help required for the application installer

On 13-10-25 01:51 PM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Also we already hide stuff like Droid fallback in fontconfig rules, it's a
> pity it's not been completely plumbed into rpm. Right now the fontconfig
> to rpm metadata exports only low-level font names not the preferred human
> name.

Initially the fontconfig+rpm hook was done using fc-query.  My plan was to one
day switch it to fc-scan, which applies configuration to the resulting
pattern, but then we need to make sure it 1. uses pristine config, not
whatever's on the system, and 2. use the current package's configuration in
addition to the default config.

Anyway, I'm sure someone can make it work, and I really hope Richard can find
a way to use fontconfig for what he's doing.  Having separate metadata
extraction paths is recipe for disaster.

Cheers,
--
behdad
http://behdad.org/