[no subject]

On 10/21/2010 06:50 AM, Robert Scheck wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, francis+fedora+fonts@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> But Unicode has separate character ranges for Chinese, Japanese, and
>> Korean now.  Can't you use a font that has distinct glyphs for those
>> characters?
> which font(s) in Fedora could provide that or would satisfy that?

I wouldn't know.  I was just objecting to the notion that such a font
was impossible.

If it exists in Fedora, here's one way you could find it:

 * Find a character that's supposed to be different in Chinese,
   Japanese, and Korean.
 * Find the Unicode codepoints that represent that character in the
   three languages.
 * Write HTML entities for those codepoints.
 * Write a script that loops over all the fonts you have, and, for
   each font Fred, emits:

 * Take the resulting HTML, view it in your Web browser, and start
   looking for a line where the three characters are different.

> Again,
> whatever font or fonts we use, the characters/symbols in CN/JP/TW/KR

Note that Unicode doesn't distinguish between mainland China and
Taiwan.

--
| John Stracke         | http://www.thibault.org          |