Unicode-friendly TTF fonts in Fedora and/or EPEL?

Good evening,

I'm trying to migrate a software of my employer from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8.
The software itself has some kind of UTF-8 support, but we didn't write the
the code ourself, which seems me to bring where I am now (bah!).

I'm looking for a Unicode-friendly TTF font in Fedora and/or EPEL. At the
moment, we are using "Sazanami Mincho", but users from Japan told us, that
some of the characters would be represented wrong for Japanese, but correct
for Chinese and/or Taiwanese.

In the end, we need replacements for something like Helvetica (sans-serif),
Times Roman (serif) and Courier (fixed) - with as many characters supported
as possible. It needs to be a *.ttf file, because we have to use ttf2afm(1)
for getting the font into our software.

Beside of that, that font(s) should somehow cover (if possible?) the above
mentioned issue with the same character in JP/CN/TW but with a slightly
different representation depending on the country. Is there a font which is
covering that? Is there maybe one (!) font which is somehow acceptable for
all countries, meaning Japanese, Chinese and Taiwanese people - without any
claims by users that some characters are not perfect? "Sazanami Mincho" has
many characters (from what we got), but we've claiming users :(

If it's somehow relevant, because I don't understand JP/CN/TW, the software
is a Enterprise Resource Planning system, that means it's used at business,
at organisations etc. If JP/CN/TW has any characters which are not relevant
to business, the font hasn't necessarily to support them then... ;-)

Do you have any suggestions or recommendations for a font that could fit
our needs? Hope to hear something else than "design your own font" by you.
Maybe we (Fedora) have native speakers for JP/CN/TW, who could help here?

Greetings,
  Robert