Re: What makes Fedora desirable in clouds?

Dne 15. 05. 23 v 16:28 Major Hayden napsal(a):
* Is there something lacking in the Fedora experience?

I was recently forced to migrate my personal server from on-premise to cloud and I tried several small EU VPS providers. The Fedora was not available there. Sometimes CentOS 7, rarely 8. Only Debian or Ubuntu.

* Are we missing docs and blog posts that help users deploy their favorite applications on Fedora?

More documentation and examples please.

This

   https://cloudinit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/howto/index.html

is better than I remember, but I know cloudinit can do more.

I would love to hear thoughts from others on this topic about how we can improve the end-user experience for Fedora in public clouds of all sizes.

I spin-up VM, do the job and terminate it. While the cloudinit speed improved a lot, I wonder why it is so serialized. Can it be turned to bunch of systemd services and run in paralell? Oh, wait. It is already bunch of systemd services. Nice. But still, cloudinit takes about 10+ seconds. I think there is still place for improvements. E.g. DataSourceEc2Local runs for 6 seconds on my machine.

Miroslav