Re: An application to help find cloud images (in multiple clouds)

Apologies for the top post. I am stuck in Outlook:

I love the idea of having our own DB for managing this. Is this something similar to what Scott Moser did for the Ubuntu Finder with a JSON stream? Do we need to gather it or should we report it back in deploying the images?

On 2/9/23, 3:31 PM, "Colin Walters" <walters@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:walters@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 31, 2023, at 9:10 PM, Major Hayden wrote:

> My team at Red Hat came up with the idea of a locator service that
> would gather data from upstream locations (AWS, Azure, GCP, and
> others), compile the image data into a common schema, and make it
> available for API calls and a web frontend.

I hope we could also share a common model with CentOS Stream, which doesn't seem to have any answer at all today?

> CoreOS already does something like this and offers a JSON[1] file with
> a standardized schema that makes it easier to find the current released
> in various locations.

Yep, would love to think about how we can share code/approaches here with other Fedora images!