Re: Atomic openQA result emails ('compose check report')

On 03/18/2017 10:42 AM, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2017, at 11:00 PM, Dusty Mabe wrote:
>>
>> Yes! we would love a UEFI test
>
> Yes; conceptually most of the important scenarios we run through
> for Workstation/Server (e.g. dm-crypt versus not) we should also
> do for Atomic Host.
>
> Adam, where is the git containing the input test suite for OpenQA?
>
>>  and I think it would actually be good
>> to run the atomic-host-tests against these images assuming openQA is
>> the right tool for that job.
>
> This part I don't quite agree with - remember the cloud images are
> built with the installer ISO, and *those* are tested already with a-h-t.
> There's going to be very little that's specific to the ISO path versus
> the cloud image - which is part of the whole idea of sharing the
> same exact ostree commit across them.

small nit here.. I think you are right that the cloud images are built
with the "install tree" that is embedded in the ISO, but that isn't
quite the same thing as being installed with the ISO. Either way, I
think your point is valid and that the value is in testing different
install time configurations rather than fully testing the installed
tree. Verifying no systemd unit tests fail and running at least one
"docker test" couldn't hurt though.

Dusty