Re: We're planning to move Council discussions

Hey Kevin!

Ar 11/9/20 5:28 PM, scríobh Kevin Fenzi:

At the risk of digging up more alternatives, has any consideration
been given to zulip instead of matrix? ( https://github.com/zulip )
They are open source, have been around longer than matrix, are more
active than matrix and provide free hosting for open source projects
(so we would not need to run a server if we didn't want to)
( https://zulip.com/for/open-source/ )

Since we use Matrix for the design team I am wondering about your point re: matrix being less active than zulip? I've been a Matrix patreon for a long time and Matthew and Amandine and the rest of the team give solid regular video updates and have always seemed consistently active to me even more so now that they've picked up some rather large customer accounts, but I might have missed something.

I really trust your opinion / judgment so I wanted to learn more!

~m