Re: We're planning to move Council discussions

On Mon, Nov 09, 2020 at 04:37:04PM -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:
> What do you hope to gain from moving Council discussions to Discourse?

* more visibility

* more participation

* easier involvement for new users

* @mentions and very customizable notifications

* <3 to highlight popular/interesting comments

* markdown formatting

* edit typos

* ability to include cat pics

* easily move off-topic posts to the right category

* other easier moderation (if you're the admin of any Fedora mailing list,
  you see the spam deluge I'm talking about)

* possible integration with Fedora Badges in the future

* Matrix integration!

* encourage other parts of Fedora by example

* me being on fewer mailing lists and getting less email in general!

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>