Getting more metrics: Fedora net promoter score survey

Hey everyone! I happened by chance to meet someone at Red Hat who works on
Red Hat's Net Promoter Score program. NPS, if you're not familiar, is a
metric based on the simple question "How likely are you to recommend this?"
on a scale from 0-10.

I think this can be very useful, especially as tracked over time. And it
turns out that the group at Red Hat who does this would be happy to provide
this to Fedora as a service.

I'd like to make a link to this survey available on some of the various
Fedora websites. (Get Fedora, Fedora Magazine, Ask Fedora...)

We'll ask that basic question and a couple of followups like "Do you
participate in the Fedora community" and "What are your top challenges?"
(This is different from the demographic / contributor survey and won't ask
any of those sorts of questions.)

For, like, a hotel chain, you usually get this survey as an email to some
customer list. While we have email addresses of Fedora contributors, for
obvious reasons we aren't gonna be using those for this in bulk. I also
don't feel good about using the announce list — I will probably
include a link to the survey in future release announcements, but just
sending mail about the survey itself doesn't feel like what people signed up
to that list for.

I am thinking, though, of creating a "please survey me" mailing list that
people can opt-in to — if you sign up, we'll email you once every three
months or six months or so.

What do you think of this idea overall? We also have the option of creating
more specific surveys focused on an edition or spin, if your team would be
interested in such a thing.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>