Re: Fedora Elections for FAmSCo

Il giorno mer, 18/11/2015 alle 16.26 +0100, Jan Kurik ha scritto:
> Hi Council and Ambassadors,
>
> I was pointed by several people to the fact that FAmSCo is (or should
> be) an inactive committee and I was questioned why we are organizing
> elections for this committee.
>
> As I understand the situation, there is an aim to replace FAmSCo by
> FOSCo & Council. However the current FAmSCo is securing some "level
> of
> service" for Ambassadors, which is not yet covered by any other
> group/team/governance body within the Fedora community. As such, I
> was
> explicitly ask by Ambassadors to organize the elections for FAmSCo
> team as well, to make sure FAmSCo will operate till the time we have
> full replacement for it.
>
> However, it seems like we do not have a full agreement on this topic
> [1]. I would like to have a discussion here, to come up with a common
> agreement whether we support the idea of having FAmSCo operational
> for
> now or we have other solution.
>
> [1] https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2015-11-17/fed
> ora-meeting-2.2015-11-17-17.03.log.html
> - 17:23:27
>

> Regards,
> Jan

Hello,

I'm really confused,
here [1] FOSCo was underway but till today I never heard anything
about their instances [2] since it's stuck (on March?).
In this page [3] wiki explain what FOSCo is and FAmSCo approved the
setting up.

In the last months FAmSCo would have been terminated, but nothing
happened (as far as I know), so it went ahead doing basic things
just like being the Ambassadors point of reference (and even just this
justifies its existence).

Now Council takes care of budgeting (and that's ok), but what about
Ambassadors coordination? We know ambassadors are our front men and
leaving them going forward without a committee that is able to get in
touch with all the parts of the Project is harmful. There are dozens of
ambassadors around the world and we can't allow them to go without a
coordination.

Yes there's the ambassadors meetings but they are separated for each
region and I don't like they would not communicate anymore. Don't think
Council is able to do this as well.

Finally, I can't believe that leaving every part of the Project (except
FESCo things) in the Council's hands would be useful and faster.

So FAmSCo or FOSCo, but one of them must happen.

Just my two cents.

Thank you.

Gabri

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/ticket/371