Fedora Elections for FAmSCo

Hi Council and Ambassadors,

I was pointed by several people to the fact that FAmSCo is (or should
be) an inactive committee and I was questioned why we are organizing
elections for this committee.

As I understand the situation, there is an aim to replace FAmSCo by
FOSCo & Council. However the current FAmSCo is securing some "level of
service" for Ambassadors, which is not yet covered by any other
group/team/governance body within the Fedora community. As such, I was
explicitly ask by Ambassadors to organize the elections for FAmSCo
team as well, to make sure FAmSCo will operate till the time we have a
full replacement for it.

However, it seems like we do not have a full agreement on this topic
[1]. I would like to have a discussion here, to come up with a common
agreement whether we support the idea of having FAmSCo operational for
now or we have other solution.

[1] https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2015-11-17/fedora-meeting-2.2015-11-17-17.03.log.html
- 17:23:27

Regards,