Re: Search Engine on start.fedoraproject.org

2010/7/23 Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I'm clearly quite biased but I trust Red Hat a lot more than I trust
> Google, as Google has done several things to me personally to completely
> lose my trust while Red Hat goes out of its way to do things the right
> way.

I don't disagree with you. I'm biased too. But we can't build a policy
that encodes..bias. We have to build a policy that puts vendors on an
equal footing.  We can still have meta arguments and make judgement
calls about choosing particular vendors based on track record. I
certainly don't intend to take intrastructure's or the board's power
to say we trust vendor X over vendor Y because a track record of
performance or unquantifiable on a case by case basis.

But in the scope of this discussion about crafting policy we need to
treat all vendors..neutrally to be credible. Red Hat can't be thought
of as exceptional in the lens of policy on external service providers.
 If anything we have to continually hold Red Hat to a more exacting
standard as a hedge against bias with the knowledge and the trust that
Red Hat is committed to meeting the standard of performance this
project puts forward.

-jef