Re: Bad-mouthing and hostility

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Seth Vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
>> 20:45:30 <cwickert> I know there are people that will leave Fedora if we
>> decide a policy that forbids major updates. both users and contributors
>> 20:45:42 <skvidal> cwickert: people threatening to leave should leave
>> 20:45:48 <skvidal> orphan your packages and go
>> 20:45:57 <skvidal> I'll be glad to clean up that mess
>
> Again statement of the obvious. I do not like it when folks try to play
> the "I'll take my ball and go home" card. If you are threatening to leave,
> then  please leave.

Understandable. Though, could have been way better/diplomatic worded.

>> 20:59:12 <skvidal> notting: I'd believe that far out fringe pkgs might
>> fall into the category of things to be removed :)
>
> If we have packages in the distro for which we cannot find enough people
> to test outside of the package maintainer then my question is - who is
> using it? If so few people are using it then aren't we just wasting
> bandwidth and diskspace having it around?

You really dont care of the few users who use it and will let them go
to another distribution who provides the software?
And even dont care about the lost contributor?
I thought we are on the "we need/want more contributors" way.

I'm having a hard time to understand the motivation why you wrote that.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium