Re: Proposal for ML conduct

On Mon, 18 May 2009, Paul W. Frields wrote:

Terse is not the same as rude, I agree, and we're not trying to
moderate terseness.  However, if you're going to be copy/pasting an
answer like that, why not just make the form-response slightly less
terse to keep it more friendly?  (Or save it for the link's landing
page.)  Unless the "form-response" you're referring to is manually
typing the same thing out of personal habit, in which case I'd say
it's not very efficient.

For example. An email I've sent often contains entirely the below:

"""
examples here: http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/YumCodeSnippets
-sv
"""

I don't think the above is rude, at all, it is often in response to an extremely vague/general question about programming with the yum python modules.

I think the moderation should not try to judge "friendliness" but only to determine if the message is hostile and abusive.

If only b/c of how many non-native english speakers we have who, I've found, sometime do not understand the tone certain word choices connote.

-sv