Re: Proposal for ML conduct

On 05/15/2009 09:52 AM, Lyos Gemini Norezel wrote:
Yes, I'll have a slice of that pie too, thank you. Along with all the
other attendant rights and privileges, of course.

If the free speech pie is made with good ingredients, everyone will want it. If the free speech pie is made with rusty nails, cyanide, motor oil and battery acid, I'm sure as hell not going to eat it.

Because I can assure you that I venerate free speech as highly anybody
on this planet venerates their god or
their scripture or their prophet, and any attempt to suppress free
speech is deeply insulting and grossly offensive
to me on a personal level; I feel violated to the very core of my being
which seriously hurts my feelings.

Whenever I hear free speech being compromised or restricted, or even
heavily criticized, I take that as a grave
personal affront and as a grotesquely insensitive attack on my most
cherished values.

There are people who feel violated to the very core of their being which seriously hurts their feelings. Several people have taken great offense recently at ML discussions when they have been personally attacked. A friend was looking for information on Fedora for some reason, google pointed her to a thread, and she now has a sour impression of Fedora based solely on the ML being so vile. It's one thing to say what you want, it's another thing to intentionally hurt others and even more so to intentionally hurt people while the whole world watches.