Re: Proposal for ML conduct

Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 09:23:23AM -0400, Lyos Gemini Norezel wrote:

Let me see if I can clarify a bit here.  Your rights in the USA are
meant to be guarantees against the *government* stopping you from
speaking.  Not private entities.

True.

Imagine the Fedora Project as more like a bar.  Sometimes conversation
at the bar does get a little boisterous.  But if a patron really gets
obnoxious, the bar may ask her to cool it, and if she doesn't, throw
her out.  Neither of those remedies is encroaching on the patron's
rights.  The bar is not abridging the patron's right to free speech by
refusing to allow her to exercise it on their premises.  The same
situation goes for Fedora.

Ah... but there is a major difference between a bar and a community of people that's meant to be
"Free and Open".

Without vitriol and obnoxious people, some of the best ideas would be lost forever.

How many times has the obnoxious person pointed out "Hey asshole... use Google!"?
Without such vitriol... many lists would be drowning under the flood of people asking the same
damn questions over and over.

How many ideas would be lost in said flood?

You see utopia... I see a troll-filled hell, without the obnoxious making short work of said hell.

Lyos Gemini Norezel
begin:vcard
fn:Lyos Norezel
n:Norezel;Lyos
org:GBES, LLC
adr:;;;;Ohio;;United States
email;internet:Lyos.GeminiNorezel@xxxxxxxxx
title:Computer Repair Technician
note;quoted-printable:"Those who hunt monsters beware, lest they become monsters themselves.Ify=
	ou stare long into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you." --Nietzsch=
	e=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	Mundus Vult Decipi et Decipiatur -- Latin Proverb
version:2.1
end:vcard