Re: Proposal for ML conduct

On Mon, 18 May 2009, Paul W. Frields wrote:

How many times has the obnoxious person pointed out "Hey
asshole... use Google!  "?  Without such vitriol... many lists would
be drowning under the flood of people asking the same damn questions
over and over.

There is nothing in the situation you describe that requires that
level of useless vitriol.  Rewrite the same advice in a helpful and
friendly way, and it achieves the same effect without lowering the
tone of the discussion.

And just to clear something up.

I answer the same question over and over again, often.

I do not think a moderator will be alarmed if, in response to the same question over and over, a form-response is pasted in and/or a single link is left as an answer to the question.

It's a far cry from being rude and abusive to someone to simply answering the question quickly and dispassionately.

There are times when someone misinterprets efficiency/expediency as rudeness but I don't think that's what we're talking about for moderation at all.

-sv