Re: Hosting and Supporting GIT conversion of Fedora CVS to enable downstream development efforts and distributions

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

What the Board needs to figure out is how to make it possible to make
the Fedora brand a big enough tent to encompass services that are not
internally hosted, in an equitable manner.

This involves figuring out which of the community setup services which the board needs to endorse as part of the Fedora brand and that involves some amount of rubber stamping IMO. Whether it is setup internally or hosted externally is really a implementation detail if we all have a better understanding of the kind of the things the Fedora Board collectively wants to see happen (ie) vision and that is the communication and direction that I am really asking for apart from whatever routine short term management of the project.

Encourage people to host
community services, give credit where credit is due, and give these
external community services some credibility as being an outgrowth of
the project and some recognition as to the effort being made
regardless as whether the service is adopted/co-opted by the Fedora
project officially .

Agreed. As part of these, we should look into the kind of activities that help the Fedora "ecosystem" and not just the direct benefits for the project. Linking to Creative Commons from start.fp.o as an example of what we have already done along those lines.

Rahul