Re: Hosting and Supporting GIT conversion of Fedora CVS to enable downstream development efforts and distributions

seth vidal wrote:

When last I looked it sure sounded like fedora-infrastructure thought it
was a duplication of what we already have and an odd duplication at
that.

Atleast some people in the team seem to be supportive of that effort.

Moreover, it wasn't like fedora-infrastructure couldn't come to a
unanimous decision on the subject, if you read the original thread it
was more like no one cared a whole huge amount and the subject just
died.

The question as I now see it is whether the Fedora Project Board cares about the use cases described and wants to support that. Previous discussions about moving to distributed SCM's were focused on the advantages (or lack of that) to package maintainers. Atleast some derivative distributions find it useful and moving to a distributed SCM would avoid the need to duplicate package CVS under git.

Enabling spins was a board decision. Is supporting the needs of derivative distributions a equivalent priority? I think the answer to that should come from the Fedora Project Board.

Rahul