Re: Hosting and Supporting GIT conversion of Fedora CVS to enable downstream development efforts and distributions

seth vidal wrote:

I'm not positive but this doesn't seem like a board decision. If the
releng, fesco and infrastructure teams are at an impasse we can take it
up for discussion but I don't see a reason to not let those groups do
what they're supposed to do.

Well, it has already been discussed in fedora-infrastructure list with no agreement on whether this is something we should do or not and that's the reason it is being escalated to the Fedora Project Board. IMO it is certainly something the Fedora Project Board should look into encouraging for two reasons.

It seems the natural next step for being a better upstream after enabling spins to look at what we can do to enable derivatives (such as OLPC or the work Marvell is doing) which are not just straight subsets of the Fedora repository and it could potentially help us evaluate whether we want to move to distributed SCM's (which also seems to have been discussed without any decision repeatedly). Both of these should be considered by the board individually and in this context too.

Rahul