Re: Hosting and Supporting GIT conversion of Fedora CVS to enable downstream development efforts and distributions

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 23:48:04 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I really have no personal stake on it. So this is a gross mis characterization and only distracts us from having a conversation
about real issues. Please avoid doing so.

What are you really looking for the board to say here?  "We want it."
Ok, then what?  Work still has to get done, and there is still nobody
volunteering to do it.

In fairness, when the board does say "we want it" and no one is volunteering to do it, it falls on me. This sort of situation has come up very rarely in the past. But I'm not under the impression that the board actually does a copy of cvs in git that gets updated periodically for people to use at their leisure. I'd think the board might only get involved once a few proposals are put forth and the community can't decide which one to use. Up till now though no comprehensive proposals have been put forth "Lets use git" isn't a proposal.

   -Mike