Re: governance, fesco, board, etc.

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

* bodhi, koji are immature, semi-functional, semi-cooked pieces of SW which still have to prove their longevity, but so far don't do anything but introducing bureaucracy and are almost strangling former FE.

So you want all of the infrastructural changes to be developed in the open, but you don't want there to be any hiccups or growing pains as we start to use them?

Doesn't the PROCESS ITSELF deserve any merit in your world? Of course it still has to prove its longevity. It's 3 weeks old! But at least it exists. 2 years ago, parts of it existed, but the end result was just a dream.

Fedora eats its own dogfood.  That dogfood will get tastier over time.

And I question how semi-functional something like Koji is when an entire Linux distribution has built itself using it. Seems pretty functional to me. And I guess I should tell all the people I met at LinuxTag who have deployed Koji in their own environments, and told us how great it was, that they are wrong and it actually is a POS.

--Max