Re: [fab] Fedora Logo versus OPL License

On 5/23/06, Chitlesh GOORAH <chitlesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/23/06, Patrick W. Barnes <nman64@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can see where you would get that idea, but it isn't the case.
>
> In the future, you should also avoid referring to draft documentation,
> especially for legal issues.  The canonical reference is in the Legal section
> of the wiki.

Since it is a draft, Ive made referrence to it.
If till now, there is something wrong about it we can can change
before it is made final. :)

Hmmm, Mark Webbink should probably give us a quick law lesson if he
has the chance.

I remember getting a quick lesson years ago by another RH counsel
about licensing.. but I have slept a lot since then, and I could be
stickign 20 things together in the wrong order. What I recall is that
there are some issues about referencing draft documents in a licensing
deal unless the items are labeled correctly and  that both items have
a clause saying that the party righting the license has the right to
change the license without notification (and party B is bound by those
changes). If not someone who licenses there stuff under a broken draft
can use it and not be covered under any fixes.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator