Re: [fab] Google's Summer of Code 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Patrick W. Barnes wrote:

In my opinion, we might as well do it, but if we're going to, let's put
the people who believe in it most behind it.  I'd like to nominate Patrick
to be the primary Mentor contact (what Elliot did last year) and ask
members of f-a-b who have time and are excited about the program to help
make a list of projects, etc.

Really, this is all work that we need to do anyway.  Figuring out what a
whole bunch of moderately-sized projects that Fedora needs work done on
are, cataloging them somewhere, and being able to provide
mentoring/support to folks who are working on them.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraBounties
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SummerOfCode

We created the FedoraBounties page for this program last year, and we have a
live thread in fedora-devel-list bringing up ideas.  We'll just need to
cultivate those ideas and add them to the page.

Excellent!

So Patrick, are you willing to be the point man for this year's SOC?

If that's a yes, then it sounds to me like we're a go.

--Max

--
Max Spevack
+ gpg key -- http://people.redhat.com/~mspevack/mspevack.asc