From: Bob Relyea [mailto:rrelyea@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 18:53
To: Allshouse, Brian M CTR NSWCDD XDT
Cc: coolkey-devel@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  CAC screen locking/unlocking

Allshouse, Brian M CTR NSWCDD XDT wrote:

	I was referred to this list by Rob Crittenden and was hoping someone
could help me out. I've been doing some CAC testing in FC6 and was trying to
get screen locking/unlocking to work with a DoD CAC using coolkey,
pam_pkcs11, etc. and I notice in the "/etc/pam_pkcs11/pkcs11_eventmgr.conf"
file there's a script listed in there that's supposed to lock the screen on
card removal and unlock the screen on card insertion (w/pin I assume). The
script is called "lockhelper.sh" and should be in the "/etc/pki" directory,
but it doesn't exist, I even tried installing the whole distribution in
hopes I would find it. Does anyone have any clue as to what's going on
there? Any advice to make that work would be helpful, thanks.

Hi Brian,

In FC-6 we put the token removal detection directly into gnome-screensaver,
so pk11_eventmgr no longer needs to run. You can turn on screen locking and
unlocking from that authconfig UI (System->Administration->Authentication).

bob

	Sincerely,

	Brian M. Allshouse
	Network Operations - XDT