Re: Making anaconda disable some storage-related systemd services in post-install config part of livecd install?

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 01:53:19PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> So 2 questions:
>
> 1. What do you think of my proposal to disable these
> services (when not needed) in the livecd post-install
> config phase? Would you be willing to accept a
> merge-req for this?
>
> 2. Its been a long time since I last touched the
> anaconda code, my python is quite rusty and my
> plate is way too full, so I was wondering if one
> of you could implement this if we chose to go this
> route?

I think implementing this may be even easier. Anaconda runs post-script
snippets from /usr/share/anaconda/post-scripts/*ks at the end of every
install. The livecd could drop in a script to handle disabling these, I
think.

Current scripts are here:

https://github.com/rhinstaller/anaconda/tree/master/data/post-scripts

Brian

--
Brian C. Lane (PST8PDT) - weldr.io - lorax - parted - pykickstart