Re: BZ 1094856: screen redesign idea

On Thu, 2014-07-31 at 08:51 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On 07/31/2014 04:28 AM, Vratislav Podzimek wrote:
> > The name and label are the least important items there so they should
> > probably be moved somewhere below the more important items (mount point,
> > size, device type, fs type).
>
> Okay, thanks for the explanation guys!! - I didn't realize those fields
> were that infrequently used (I definitely don't use them because I just
> let the mount point field auto-populate them.) It makes a lot of sense
> to push them down so that the more important fields under them are more
> easily accessible, especially if you'd rather use the keyboard to navigate.
>
> I came up with a few alternative designs based on that:

> This one is a simple reordering based on importance / frequency of use.
> Although you'll note it comes across as a bit more cluttered than the
> first mockup:
> http://linuxgrrl.com/fedora-ux/Projects/Anaconda/Sketches/Move-Device-Selection-Custom-Part/after.2.png
I like this one most as well. Will send patch(es) implementing it next
week.

I found those "expandables" problematic. They are hard to hit with the
mouse cursor, they are quite tiny and don't scale on big screens and
everybody's just interested what may be there so everybody will
click/expand it anyway.

--
Vratislav Podzimek

Anaconda Rider | RHCE | Red Hat, Inc. | Brno - Czech Republic