Re: Anaconda's UI/delivery wrt Fedora.next

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 4:11 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Ah...by "install media" here are you saying e.g. Workstation would
also have a boot.iso/PXE tree?
Yes

Ok.  Would these be separately branded?  Are there plans for separate
fedora-release-{workstation,cloud,server} RPMs? I talked to Stephen Gallagher and he said no, but I'm just checking here too.

no idea what you are talking about here, the kickstarts that define
the install tree contents are in the spin-kickstarts repo on
fedorahosted.

Right, I know that =)  But...

cloud ill have install media to 1) be used for the
composition of the fedora cloud offerings, 2) allow others to reproduce
our work.

Reproduce and customize, for example if they want a different partition
layout or filesystem.

But my question is are we trying to have this media work when used *interactively*, i.e. without an explicit kickstart file as input? I can't think of a good use
case for that.

If we're not producing interactive install media for Cloud,
that led me to think we could just use the Server's. But on the other hand I guess it's not harmful to generate it explicitly either.

 I guess the partitioning defaults are already different for Server
and Workstation though, so we'll have to figure out how that works anyways...
That all needs to be sorted out somehow.

I think we could probably take the existing installclasses/fedora.py
and split it into 2 or something.  Right now it already carries
the Fedora = ext4, RHEL = xfs delta for example, so it would seem
reasonable to expand the matrix to FedoraWorkstation, FedoraServer,
RHELWorkstation, RHELServer.  We wouldn't need Cloud as that would
be covered by kickstart file partitioning.