Re: Stabilize anaconda development earlier in the cycle.

On 10/09/2013 06:13 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
So we *could* build an installation image based on the previous release's
GA/GA+updates, but that would mean the featureset available during
installation would lag the featureset of the main release by one cycle.
That's a choice we could make, but I don't know that it's reasonable for our
users.

I don't think there are that many features the installer takes advantage of those component ( do we have any count how many get introduced and used every release? )

If we can go ahead with the "FedoraOS" that means faster release cycle ( for those components while products build on top of that would be on different one ), then we would be talking about <4months for users having to wait for those features which is the closest middle ground I can think of ( more pressure on Anaconda team as in faster throwing over the wall ).

I honestly don't think we can get away with anaconda being on the same release cycle as the rest.

JBG