Re: Stabilize anaconda development earlier in the cycle.

On 10/08/2013 09:02 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
The anaconda installation image is made from the tree that it's composing
from. As long as that's shifting underneath anaconda (file locations,
NetworkManager interfaces, library bumps, LVM featuresets, etc. etc. etc.),
considering anaconda behavior and code 'frozen' at branch time is
extremely impractical when everything it depends on is not.

I would assume not if we stick to the "GA tree" but more to the point why exactly does the installation image have to be made from the tree it's composing from?

To adjust for this would imply moving the freezes, deadlines and development
for a very large chunk of other things earlier as well.

Which in turn beats the very purpose of this proposal.

If you got any suggestions on how we in QA are supposed to be able to cover 3 products I'll gladly hear them.

JBG