Re: Stabilize anaconda development earlier in the cycle.

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 05:02:31PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> The anaconda installation image is made from the tree that it's composing
> from. As long as that's shifting underneath anaconda (file locations,
> NetworkManager interfaces, library bumps, LVM featuresets, etc. etc. etc.),
> considering anaconda behavior and code 'frozen' at branch time is
> extremely impractical when everything it depends on is not.

So in theory for this to work, it would require more coordination of any of
those sorts of changes post-branch too. (Perhaps arguing for a rather
shorter branched time.) How much _do_ those things really shift post-branch?

What frameworks could we set up to manage/coordinate the shifting without
adding roadblocks? (Or, at least, putting the roadblocks where we mean to?)

In the ideal world, at any moment, the master/head of a project should be in
a shippable state, and branching off for shipping shouldn't be that arduous.
For us, that could be awhide -- not necessarily the whole thing, but the
selected bits we've drawn circles around. I know we're not in that state
(not just with anaconda), but we can get there.

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>