Re: Stabilize anaconda development earlier in the cycle.

On 10/08/2013 03:57 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 03:13:06PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
However I'm stilling working on that proposal and most likely it
will get killed in birth or shot on sight due to certain company's
focus on the three product proposal.
Why does everything have to be so oppositional?

Because everything seems to be already set in stone on the other side with regards to the three product proposal as well as the proposal i'm working on ( FedoraOS ) vs 3 product proposals are quite different ( fundamentally/ideally ) and would be not aligned to the Gnome release cycle ( which seem to be the baseline for many ) but the kernel one which means even faster release cycle ( 3x releases per year based on the cycle of the components in addition to the kernel itself + a month per release for us ) as well as it being a rolling release so as soon as we release a fully tested FedoraOS as an platform it will obsolete the other one.

In other words there will be only one FedoraOS GA release in circulation ( unless ofcourse we decide to maintain a single FedoraOS LTS release between lts kernels releases as in FedoraOS based on 3.10 lts is EOL when 3.18 or next LTS kernel gets released ).

But as I said I'm currently working on this proposal and with the exception of how Anaconda would fit on top of the FedoraOS as well as 3x release per year model, it's off topic for this list.

JBG