Re: Minimum and recommended system requirements for Fedora

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 7:09 AM, David Cantrell <dcantrell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There really should be no expectation of official support for Fedora.  While
anyone is free to file bugs and updates are released, there is no SLA for
Fedora.

You get out of Fedora what you put in to it.

Regarding hardware requirements, since installation is I/O bound, more RAM
is better.  If the kernel fails to boot on your system, consider your CPU
unsupported.  The release notes (docs.fedoraproject.org) list minimum RAM
requirements for installation.  These numbers are the outcome of periodic
tests to determine what actually works in most use cases.

For me personally, I would not want to have less than 2G of RAM in a system
that I plan on using.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Manager, Installer Engineering Team

Hey David,

I'm the current Docs Project team lead, and I'm gathering information to put into the Release Notes.

The only support I would lead users to expect is that the system functions as documented.   I'll pose the question on the fedora devel mailing list, and probably the QA list as well.  I would like input from you and the anaconda team as well.  Any guidance you can provide towards accurate documentation would be appreciated.

--Pete